Monday

Before this race an old wag in the bar pointed out Karl Burke, Legal Sets trainer and told me he wouldn’t be at Southwell if he didn’t expect a winner. Well Legal Set was the 9/4 fav and finished 6th. I decided to take the money and run. The last race was 4.40 and the train 4.45. Being flesh and blood and probably too much flesh, temptation got the better of me and while waiting for the train I phoned Surrey Racing and had £50 EW on Son of a Gun in the last. I could hear the racecourse commentary from the platform. The race was won by Parlight at 25/1 the trainer, oh yes it was Karl Burke the old wag in the bar had been right I hope he was on it.

With three winners out of seven, five winning bets out of nine and a profit of £ 1500 I decided that a celebration was in order and stopped off in Nottingham on the way home. Why can’t every day be like this.
.

No comments: